Friday, November 1, 2013

Post of Halloween Past

 
I am so not a fan of Halloween, but my boys love the event (as most kids do).  
My oldest (age 9 3/4) went as Snake Eyes (G.I. Joe) for a minute. He retired the mask after house #2 claiming poor vision. He told people he was a ninja instead.
My youngest (age 7) went as a skeleton. He didn't like his mask either, so I did his make-up.
 

My sis-in-law hosted a chili dinner before the 5 kiddos went out trick-or-treating. I made Mummy Dogs, inspired by Pinterest. They were really easy to make: cut arms and legs into the hot dog, wrap with strips of crescent roll dough and pop in the oven for about 10 minutes. The kids devoured them.


The boys collected a ton of candy and said it was the greatest night ever. I came home with blisters on my feet (forgot to change shoes after work), and sore legs and butt this morning from walking all the hills in the neighborhood. At least I got some cardio in, I guess.
 
I am glad this holiday is over ... now on to my favorites!!
 
 

3 comments:

sprinkles said...

I always loved Halloween as a kid! I once went trick or treating as an adult. Because I'm short, I was able to get away with it and no one questioned me about it.

Misty, Handbags + Handguns said...

Our Halloweens are usually so much fun. This year was a bit of a bust. The kiddos got candy though, and that's all they really care about.

C said...

I'm with you on Halloween. I love it now just because my kids do, but I could care less from ages 12-30. Ha! I love the face makeup. Good job!

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...