Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Office Attire

This year has been full of blessings, and one at the top of the list is my new job at a leading real estate company as their Transaction Coordinator. I manage one of their offices that is within 5 minutes from my house, and I am settling into my new position quite well. Working for a husband-wife real estate company last year was a wonderful opportunity, and the skills I learned there helped me obtain this position. I could not be happier with the great team that I get to work with every day.
Within the first week though, I realized that I needed a wardrobe upgrade. Blazers, slacks, blouses, and pencil skirts were going to be a necessity, and I owned no such pieces in my closet.
I still like to shop on a budget though, so it has been a challenge to find cute office clothes on the cheap. I find inspiration on Pinterest, then try to find similar pieces at places such as Target and Kohl's. Here are some looks I am loving ...
 







 
Does your job require a professional/business dress code? Where are your favorite places to shop for such a wardrobe?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dress code is much more casual now. I dress down at least three days a week because I can, but still look cute and professional. I'm often in blazers and jeans. And then I have a closet full of professional clothes from my last job, so I throw that stuff in too. Forever 21 has some great blazers for the cheap!

sprinkles said...

My current job doesn't require a professional dress code, so I show up in jeans almost every day. Sometimes I come in wearing sweats.

I'm sure once I graduate and get a "real" job in a couple of years, I'll have to buy a whole new wardrobe. I have a few nice pieces, but either they don't fit or are out of style.

I don't know how I'll be able to afford anything nice when it's time to buy new clothes, so I'll probably end up looking around at thrift shops. Not my ideal place to shop for clothes, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...