Thursday, April 11, 2013

Super Easy Oatmeal-Banana Cookies

What a week it has been! My kiddos brought home a nasty little strep bacteria, so I have been recovering from that this week. Last week, I was laid up in bed on antibiotics. So not fun!
Now that our family is over that lovely sickness, I have been trying to eat a little better and getting back to being healthy. My new year resolution this year is no dieting, and so far I have held up on my goal. I still deal with that darn bloated mid-section though.
{For my new readers, you can catch up here}
I am eating cleaner and eating smaller meals every 3 hours to keep my metabolism running. I am in the first week, and haven't seen major results, but I am sure it will take a bit of time.
One of my favorite bloggers, Love ♥ Kate, posted this recipe and I tried it out on my toughest critic at home - my husband! They were a HIT!! He loves them, and so do my kiddos. So yummy, and super easy to throw together. Give them a try!
 
Oatmeal Banana Cookies
 
Base Recipe: 
2 Bananas
1 Cup Quick Oats
 
I also added:
1 Tbsp Honey
A Handful of Chocolate Chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
 Mash up bananas in a bowl and mix in the oats.
You can add any extra ingredients you wish ~ raisins, nuts, peanut butter, chocolate chips, etc...
 Scoop onto a cookie sheet - this recipe makes 12 cookies.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
Note - these cookies do not spread out. They will stay in their ball form, so be sure not to overcook.
 
Let cool a few minutes before enjoying! So so yummy ... and healthy, too!!


1 comment:

kate said...

i wanna try chocolate chips too!! I only had raisins at the time though!! i posted another new recipe today, for breakfast... super yummy!!

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...