Monday, March 8, 2010

ABCs of Yours Truly

I have seen variations of this floating around in the blog world and thought I'd do one, too! You are next though ... I wanna see your ABC's! Let me know when you post yours so I can check it out!!
xoxo
Age ... 28 with a birthday coming up next month!
Bedtime ... I am a chronic insomniac according to my doc, so without Lunesta, my bedtime is usually between 3am and 4am. Crazy, huh? No matter what time I go to bed, I still get up with my kids every day, and do not take naps.

Chore I'd rather not do ... Laundry! The never.ending.battle!!!

Dog's name ... Sadie Girl, our Siberian Husky. She is 8 years old and has been a part of our family since she was just 7 weeks old.

Essential start to my day ... checking my emails! My day never starts off right unless I have had a couple minutes to check my inbox. Some people need coffee, I need a laptop.

Favorite color ... purple! But you already knew that!

Gold or Silver ... definitely a silver kinda girl!

Height ... 5 foot, 6 inches

Ice Cream ... So not a fan! I do not like cold things. No snow, no ice (no, not even in my drinks), I am warm-blooded and do not enjoy being cold. But, one flavor I will enjoy is Birthday Cake flavored ice cream. Add some maraschino cherries, and we have a dessert! Yum.

Job title ... that just about sums it up.

Kiddos ... my 2 boys, Maddox (age 6) and Sean (age 3) - definitely not trying for another one! I know my limits, people!

Lemonade or Iced Tea ... Southern Sweet Tea, oh-so-yummy!!

Main Squeeze ... go ahead and be jealous, ladies! I have the best hubby in the world.
Newest TV show I am lovin' ... Modern Family! So. Stinkin'. Funny!!

Origination of family ... If I must be honest, I am French, Italian, German, Irish, English. But I only claim my Italian roots.


Personal Life Motto ... "It is what it is." I have been reminded over and over again in my life that I cannot control how people are going to feel about me. I can only focus on how I treat others and how I maintain my relationships. I cannot please everyone, nor will I change who I am to appease others. If someone can't love me for who I am and support me and the choices I make in my life, then that is their loss. I try to be a good person each and every day. I love hard and I value those who are closest to me. There is no room for jealousy or negative attitudes. I will not worry about those who judge me. It is what it is ...


Quote from my favorite movie ... "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!" - Johnny Castle, Dirty Dancing

Righty or Lefty ... right-handed

Song in my head ... Tik Tok by Ke$ha

Time I wake up ... whenever the boys come running in! Usually between 8:30am and 9am. If it were up to me, I'd say 10:30 am would be a fabulous time to get up every day! Ha!

Underwear ... Never leave home without it!

Vacations ... anywhere warm!! Las Vegas is my absolute fave getaway to unwind and party for a few days, and Maui's tropical island life is always calling me back!


Why I run late ... Not gonna lie. I am a procrastinator when it comes to leaving the house. Whether it be a few more minutes of a TV show, one last blog to read, or a phone call - I'll leave the house in a mad dash. My poor boys, who can't even read a clock yet, are often spinning circles while I am running about the house looking for shoes and jackets and my keys ... aaaahhh!!!

X's or O's ... I am definitely more partial to hugs, but my hubby's kisses make me melt!

Yummy foods I make ... this lady here with my youngest is my sweet little Italian gram who has taught me all my cooking skills. She doesn't use recipe cards or measuring cups when she cooks, and the meals she prepares are amazing! I learned from the best!

Zoo animal I adore ... giraffes! They aren't very cuddly and soft looking, but these creatures are beautiful!


5 comments:

sprinkles said...

What a fun post!

OMG, how can you not like ice cream? OK, I can understand not liking being cold because I am ALWAYS freakin' cold and I hate it but I adore ice cream!

"Underwear ... Never leave home without it!" - LOL!!! Now if only someone had given Lindsay and Britney that advice (and Paris too, I think?!), the world would be a much better place!

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

your dog is precious!

Jules said...

This was so fun to read and get to know more about you! I love your life motto and it is so true what you said. Vegas and Hawaii are two of my favorite places to visit as well. You and your hubby are so cute together and your dog is adorable!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Fun post! I am so glad to have found another woman who, like me, does NOT like ice cream or cold foods in general...yay!!

Anonymous said...

I need to do this.

Modern Family is hilarious.

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...