Monday, December 6, 2010

Notes to Self

Note Number One ... Never book 3 major events, back to back, on the same day. You are not Wonder Woman and you cannot do it all.
Not only did I host the Housewives Holiday Bazaar at my house (from 8:30am to 4pm), I also had my oldest son's very first Tae Kwon Do testing event (from 4:15pm to 6pm), AND my hubby's work Christmas party (that started at 6:30pm, but we arrived at 7:20pm).
Note Number Two ... NEVER start a 4-day anti-bloat diet in the middle of a crazy busy week! You will need to eat all the comfort foods you can get your hands on to keep yourself from going insane.
Uh-huh. Day 3 of said diet was on Friday. That schedule is noted above.

Note Number Three ... Never EVER dry shave your legs! I don't care if you haven't shaved in a few weeks and some random person at the gym will see your stubble.
This is not a good enough reason to endure burning and itching legs for the next 3 days. Also note the holiday pedicure you missed out on because of the extreme razor burn. Sure, the toes look cute, but no leg massage??? Lesson learned.

Note Number Four ... Just because you washed away your stress at the end of the day with a hot shower and a martini, doesn't mean your hubby has gotten off your emotional roller coaster!
He will be very pissy, and rightly so. Apologize, tell him he is the Greatest Man Ever!! for putting up with such a looney-toon, and promise to never schedule such a crazy week again. Throw in a little extra sumpin' - sumpin' in the bedroom and all will be forgiven.

I can't even tell y'all how happy I am that this last week is over and done with. The bazaar was fun, the diet wasn't worth it, and hubby and I are friends again.

Even with all the stress, the weekend was still full of great times. My 6 1/2 year-old son broke his first board, received a trophy and was awarded a new belt in his Tae Kwon Do class. He has only been doing this for about a month, and we are so proud of him. I got to hang out with my mom-in-law and sis-in-law on Saturday. We shopped and got pedicures, went to a holiday bazaar, and they made me laugh through my crabbiness. Our Oregon Ducks won the Civil War game and are heading to the National Championship Game ... we celebrated with the whole fam by going out to dinner. And Sunday was a family day with me and my 3 boys. Lunch and shopping downtown always puts this girl in a good mood! Then we took the kiddos to see Polar Express at OMSI (OmniMax Theater).

I am definitely looking forward to being less busy this week. Happy Monday!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've come to the realization that I'm not going to feel rested until January.

sprinkles said...

I'm glad your busy week is over with and hope that this week will be much more relaxing.

I agree about the dry shaving.

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...