Monday, January 23, 2012

Excited for Thursday!!!

Miss Kim ... liking the two tones hereNot such a fab pic of my girl, Mila, but focus on the hair ...
Little bit of the Ombre trend ...
~
Alright girls - here's where I need ya the most!! The first step I need to take before chopping off my locks in April is creating some dimension in my hair. I dye my hair every 6 weeks or so BLACK. Not a lot of contrast, I know. I have to start incorporating some highlights so when I do cut my hair short, you will be able to see that it is a cute, fun and flirty style, rather than a straight, blunt, gothic-looking mess. I have done the purple and blue highlights ... I ADORED them, however I am slightly over that fun stage in my life and am looking for a little more of a big girl look. {GASP!! I know, we can talk about that later.}
So the above looks are colors I think would mesh well with my black hair. What do y'all think? Do you think I can pull it off ... caramel-y brown highlights? Should I go more red? More blonde? My official salon appointment is on Thursday, so speak up now or forever hold your peace! I need honest opinions, pictures, web links, etc ... Don't be shy girls!!
Thanks for the support, chicas!! Happy Monday!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

April, omg! I was actually thinking of doing the same thing, but I want the highlights to be a little lighter. I think either one will look good on you.

Shelley said...

I think you should get some lighter brown highlights!

Anonymous said...

I'm liking Shenae's hair. I added some caramel highlights to mine. I think I want to go for a more ombre look next time. Can't wait to see what you decide!

sprinkles said...

You'd look good with soft red highlights.

Nicole said...

I just changed it up and went with the Ombre look. I love it!

Tracy D said...

Oh my gosh too much pressure but I vote for light brown highlights...I think you can wear pretty much anything thou!

TLF said...

I'm like you, I like to color my hair DARK.. but if I don't have a tan, I feel like it'll look goth.
I've been debating caramel colored highlights too!! I think you should go with more of Kim's color in the picture above. Can't wait to see how it turns out!!

C said...

I think Kim's is the prettiest. I can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

i love kims color!!!

love jenny xoxo said...

I think this would look amazing on you! You should go for some warm but subtle high lights like kims!

XOXO

http://lovejennyxoxo.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

April can't wait for the unveil of your new haircut and I think you should go with Kim's copper highlights I believe you would look absolutely stunning.! :)


<3 Marina
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...