Monday, January 16, 2012

Letting ya'll in on my New Year goals ...

Oh 2012 ... what shall my goals be this year? I didn't make any last year. Didn't want to give in to the hype of setting those resolutions, only to forget about 'em 3 weeks later. It's always sad to me when those goals fizzle so quickly and my motivation for the rest of the year hinges on those failed attempts. Sigh.
This year, I am setting goals, but first and foremost, there will be no time limit or pressure to accomplish them by. This way, I am not stressed at an approaching date and psyching myself out, jeopardizing the goal I am trying to reach. That is one weakness I have - too much pressure on myself. It is so much easier to fail when you are telling yourself you aren't going to make it!
Now ... onto my 2012 resolutions!!!

The last part of 2011 was a stressful time. Lots of changes in our family occurred, more financial than anything more serious, but stressful enough for some tears, anxiety, sleepless nights, eye twitches, and a full body rash that came about with all the worry. I had to step back and take look at what really mattered in life ... my husband and I are more in love and stronger now than ever in our 13 years of being together, we have 2 happy and healthy boys, we are not in need of anything. Life is such a blessing and I need to always keep this in the front of my mind. Job changes and financial woes are a part of life. I want to make sure that I don't dwell on these issues and keep a positive and happy spirit in life. I am blessed and I don't want anyone to ever think that I am not grateful for that.

This year, the only drama I wanna see is on reality TV. I got caught up in friend drama this last year ... gossip, fights, and nonsense that didn't concern me. I entertained the trash talking amongst others and found myself not only with a migraine, but even being blamed in some of the rumors being spread about. My bad for being a part of the conversations in the first place, but even a bigger bad to put myself in a situation where blame could have been shifted on me. Not cool and lesson learned. How 'bout them Housewives? Let's see what kind of drama they stir up in 2012!!

And, of course, like so many others ... the 'Get In Shape' resolution!! I gained an unwanted 15 pounds in 2011. I want those pounds to disappear. Unfortunately, I need to learn to enjoy eating right and working out. That would be my first baby step to accomplishing this one. But hey - no pressure, right? Do it at a steady pace, no rushing, no deadlines, just learning to like a healthier lifestyle.
So there ya have it ... nothing major, just learning to take better care of myself in all aspects. What about you? How did last year's resolutions go, and what are the new ones you set for 2012?

7 comments:

sprinkles said...

I soooooo wish I could learn to love exercise. And eating healthier.

TLF said...

OoOoOohhh goodness, the evil 'Get in shape'...don't we all wish!

Dana said...

Yes, I need to get back to working out again as well.

Alyssa said...

I was just thinking today, suck it up and you won't have to suck it in! Too funny!! Love that saying!

Tracy D said...

Good for you, and especially great that you count your blessings too. Best of luck!

Unknown said...

I must get in shape this year but so far haven't started yet. LOL.

Good luck on yours doll.


<3 Marina
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

Anonymous said...

I need to get off my ass and hit the gym. If I say it enough, it'll happen. Right? Right.

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...