Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mani of the Week .. NYC Mint Breeze & Tutorial

This week, I am rockin' NYC Mint Breeze ... a fabulous green-teal color! This shade is from the Expert Last line, and so far has gotten me several comments on how it looks like a Shellac manicure!

 The cheetah print was all done by hand ... all.by.myself!! Oh yeah, peeps! Homegirl is gettin' crafty up in here!! I see way too many fancy manis on Pinterest to not try some of them myself ... more to come, but I will show you how I did this one!

 SUPER easy!! Grab the two colors you wanna use for your animal print. I used a silver color from a brand called Hoof that I got at Ross a while back, and a charcoal color by OPI called Suzi Skis In The Pyrenees.

 Using the end of a super thin paintbrush (got this one at Sally's Beauty supply), dip just the bottom in the base color of choice and place several dots on top of your polished (dry) nail. I re-dipped after each dot, making sure the base was going to stand out and not look too thin in color. Give a few seconds to dry.

 Next up, take the brush end and dip in the outline color of choice. Being that animal print is never perfect, don't fret this part! Simply outline the dots. I didn't encase the entire dot, leaving spaces to look more animal-like. I also added a few black splotches to fill in the bare spots a little better.
If your brush is thicker or not the right angle you want, you can either cut it down a bit with scissors to the desired size needed, or use just the corners of it (as I did).
Give a few seconds to dry and add your favorite top coat to lock it in.

And there you have it ... so easy and can be done in just a few extra minutes! What do you think? Have you tried any fun mani styles at home? Please share!!

10 comments:

A said...

Love, love, love the cheetah print!!!

sprinkles said...

Very cool! Might just have to try this myself!

Rebecca Fashion said...

Lovely nail polish

Teri said...

Love the color and obsessed with the cheetah print! Way to be so crafty:)

Sasha said...

Cute! You did a great job!

C said...

That looks great! Holy patience!!!

Betsy said...

Wow! Impressive! Nice job!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

That looks SO cool! You did an amazing job! How do you paint with your opposite hand though? I can do dots and a base coat but I don't think I can draw :(

Unknown said...

April hi gorgeous doll sorry I been MIA but I am now trying to get back and visiting my bloggie friends.!

Loving your nail art very pretty doll. And I noticed you asked about my nail color in one of my posts last week so here's the info doll - Wet n Wild 218A (I Need a Refresh-Mint)

Take care and talk to you soon.


<3 Marina
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

Anonymous said...

I don't know that I'd ever be able to get this right. Good for you. Love this!

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...