Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Only In Oregon ...


Is it really too much to ask that we Oregonians have just one month straight without any rain? We got a late start to our summer this year - with rain most of June and some in July, and now, in the middle of August we have a severe storm brewing out on the coast with 50 mph winds! It got dark early here tonight as the raindrops started falling and we have had random thunder and lighting moments for the last couple of days.
Enough of the complaining though .... I absolutely love the way the air smells after a cleansing rain shower! I stepped outside tonight to try to capture some pictures of our summer rain (only my point and shoot camera couldn't do any justice, so I snagged the above picture from yahoo), and had to linger a bit. I have to admit that I am getting excited for the fall season to arrive! I am not a cold weather person, and Oregon winters are usually depressing with all the gray days. The autumn season is so beautiful though with the changing leaves and incredible smells ... crisp apples and warm cider are a couple favorites! I love daylight savings time, holiday bazaars, Thanksgiving, and even football season (especially since Maddox will be playing this year!!). There is a lot to look forward to, but can we please have the sunshine for the rest of our summer?!?

1 comment:

Emily said...

I know...seriously...what else can you say.
Only in Oregon.

I love fall too.
I'm already looking forward to the pumpkin patch!!!
Just no rain please.

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...