Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I tried it ... MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara

This mascara got a 4.6 out of 5 rating on MAC's website ... and I couldn't agree more!!


Haute & Naughty is the perfect name for this dual purpose mascara. Two brush options give 2 amazing looks ... simple and sweet, or dramatic and bold! I am a girl who loves the look of false eyelashes, but hates the hassle (and the glue) of putting them on. So when I look for mascaras, I try to find the formulas that are going to give me the results of falsies.
I had never used MAC's mascaras. I know they have a few formulas, but I had never thought to try them out. I happened to be at a MAC counter one day peeking in on the latest collections when I remembered my current mascara at home was starting to smell a little funky. I asked one of the artists which mascara she recommended to give me the look I desired, and she pulled out this lovely tube.


Check out how thick the brush is and how much mascara it hangs on to!!

Perfect for that dramatic, full-lash look!!


Here's where your 2nd option comes in ... say you are having a day where you wanna look a little more natural than made up - simply un-twist the pink wand ...


... pull the brush through the purple opening ...
... and watch how the brush is wiped free from the extra product! Now you have a lighter application for your lashes!! Fabulous!


I hardly ever use the lighter wand for it's sole use, but I love to use it after I have applied a thick coat and need to seperate my lashes a bit.
Overall, I am loving this mascara. My only caution is that this formula can get a bit goopy around the tube, but is easily remedied with a little swipe of a make-up remover. Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara retails for $18, a bit more spendy than your average drugstore brand, but considering the dual uses, definitely worth the extra $$.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I might have to try this one, I have such a hard time finding a good mascara!!

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...