Friday, September 19, 2008

Unbelievable!

First lead in toys, now melamine found in baby formula. Note to China: Pick on someone your own size! Babies and small children do not deserve to be poisoned and killed because of irresponsible factory workers!
And how disgusting is the following statement ... makes me so thankful that I live in the US where our food is strictly monitored!

A senior dairy analyst said Chinese farmers were cutting corners to cope with rising costs for feed and labor.

"Before the melamine incident, I know they could have been adding organic stuff, say animal urine or skin," said Chen Lianfang of Beijing Orient Agribusiness Consultant Co. "Basically, anything that can boost the protein reading."

But he and others expressed skepticism that so many farmers would know to add melamine to milk. The chemical is not water-soluble and must be mixed with formaldehyde or another chemical before it can be dissolved in milk.

Can someone please tell me why animal urine and skin would be considered organic for human consumption? Gross!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh man...that ticks me off!!
Gross.

Thanks for the nice comments on my blog.

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...