Thursday, February 19, 2009

Another survey from Facebook ...

I am bending the rules and writing about BOTH my babies - I can't leave one out! :o)
Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Both were planned - I am a planner!
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yep
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? So excited with both! I was shocked with my first because I got pregnant within 2 weeks of going off of birth control!
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Never
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 22 with my first, 24 with my second
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? With my first, I never got a positive reading on the at-home tests, so my nurse gave me the exciting news after I did a urine test at my doctor's office. With my second, I peed on a digital stick, and my hubby made me wait for him to read the results ... PREGNANT.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Tim was the first to know with both.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Oh yes! Again, I am a planner!
9. DUE DATE? First: February 9, 2004 Second: October 23, 2006
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Not with my first ... with my second I had anytime sickness - morning, lunch, after dinner, in the shower, whenever. I never puked, just dry-heaved a lot! I also had hypoglycemia with my second ... had to watch my blood-sugar levels or I would experience migraines, dizziness, and blindness.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? First: Lucky Charms, french toast, pizza rolls and Oreo cookies. Second: lemonade, chocolate, breadsticks with parmesan cheese and ranch.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? My bladder! Not being able to pee - my babies sat on it so I couldn't pee normal!!
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Both of my babies were BOYS!!
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Oh No! Ask anyone my opinion on that matter ... I am a boy mom and was scared to end up with a girl! No divas for me, please!! LOL!
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? First time around I gained 50 pounds - I ate everything!! Second time, I learned from my first! I only gained about 35 pounds.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? One big one for my first, and 2 for my second.
(not sure where question #17 went ... wasn't included)
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR DELIVERY? First one almost got stuck and had his cord wrapped around his arm and neck, and I had to have an episiotomy because his head was too big for me. Second one came out quick - within a few pushes, but I had a jacked up epidural that took the doc 5 times to get it in right! Yes, 5 TIMES!!!!
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? First: Adventist Second: Providence
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I labored all day with both - I was induced with both of them. Pushing times - first: 2 1/2 hours second: 10 minutes
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Tim
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? I only allowed my hubby in with me, along with the professional staff that was required.
23. DID YOUR WATER BREAK NATURALLY? Nope - being induced, the doc does it for you.
24. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural with both.
25. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Heck yeah! You don't get any special awards for going natural, so why suffer? I would only allow the epidurals though. I didn't want any medications going to the baby.
26. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? First: 7 pounds, 4 1/2 ounces Second: 6 pounds, 14 ounces
27. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? First: On his due date, February 9, 2004 Second: On my gram's birthday, October 17, 2006
28. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Maddox Thomas and Sean Marcel
29. BIGGEST SURPRISE DURING CHILDBIRTH? It was surprisingly easy - how those babies came out of me was incredible!
30. GREATEST MEMORY ABOUT CHILDBIRTH? Seeing our babies for the first time and being so madly in love and in awe of them!! xoxo
31. DID YOU BREASTFEED? Nope - never even tried. Although when my milk came in both times, I probably could have fed triplets!
32. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? Maddox is 5 years old and Sean is 2 years, 4 months.
33. WHO DOES HE/SHE LOOK LIKE? You can definitely tell that they both belong to me and my hubby, but Maddox looks more like me and Sean looks more like his daddy.

Now I am tagging all my mommy readers ... let me know if you re-post, I wanna see how your pregnancies went!! xoxo

1 comment:

*Kimmie* said...

Thanks a ton for stopping by! Make sure to enter my giveaway if you're interested!

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...