Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tis The Season

The holidays are upon us - my favorite time of year! My 'Dear Santa' letter will be up next week, and this weekend I will gobble 'til I wobble (a little turkey humor). I am already ahead of the shopping game for the gift-giving festivities, and I am so excited to get the house decorated for Christmas!

I am also enjoying the red cups at Starbucks filled with the oh-so-yummy Caramel Brulee Latte (a grande, non-fat, no whip is only 310 calories). I am so not a coffee fan, but these little babies perk me right up when I need 'em the most!

Hubby and I took our boys to see the Jim Carrey movie A Christmas Carol. I thought for sure that this would be a fun start to the holidays, but for a Disney movie, it was scary!! My 3-year-old and 5-year-old didn't lose any sleep after seeing this, but there were some moments in this movie that had them gripping their chairs and hiding their faces! The graphics and animation were incredible in this movie, but I do not recommend this for small children.
I will not be doing the early-crazy-bird Black Friday shopping, but I will definitely be hittin' up the Midnight Madness sales (so meant for insomniacs like myself). Hopefully I will snag some awesome deals and burn off the 5 pounds I will gain at dinner!! Ha!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jenni said...

I am sooooo excited to see that!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

sprinkles said...

A Christmas Carol is playing here too. I was kind of debating on whether or not I should talk my mom into taking me.

Starbuck's Caramel Brulee Latte sounds WONDERFUL!!!

WSU Laura said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I am loving myself a red cup of egg nog goodness.

Jules said...

I’m excited to see what’s on your Christmas list! I really need to try the new Caramel Brulee Latte. It sounds yummy and pretty guilt-free. Maybe I’ll get one when I do some Black Friday shopping.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the tip on A Christmas Carol. I took my niece who is just 5 days older to Planet 51 and that was adorable!

JenWebb702 said...

We went to see Christmas Carol and I am glad that Jaron slept through the WHOLE thing. I agree with you, not meant for small kids at all. Heck, not even meant for chicken 30 year olds like myself.

Emily said...

hmmm gonna have to try that new Starbucks drink...sounds yummy!

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...