Monday, April 19, 2010

Birthday Countdown

Is anyone else as crazy busy as I have been lately? The sun comes out, and so does the need for a day planner! Oy! And of course, if I don't write it down, it ain't getting done. My brain does not hold on to anything anymore. I seriously cannot even remember what I had for dinner last night!
One thing I am remembering though is my birthday coming up this weekend! Holla! I will be 29 ... my last year before hittin' the dirty 30 (btw ... why are the thirties considered dirty? someone please fill me in!). While I think I have grown out of my shopaholic phase in life (being I can't even put together a birthday wish list), I still obsess over the perfect outfit.

On Saturday night, my hubby and I are going out with a group of our friends to celebrate ... woot!! I have no idea what to wear, and being its my birthday and all, I must go shopping. I was browsing online and found this fabulous dress for a night out on the town. Forever 21 has it for under $50, but it looks really short ... too short for even my liking. I was going to pop into the store this week to see it in person (although with my luck they will have never seen it). I am trying to figure out what options I would have if by chance they have it in store, in my size, and it is as cute as I imagine it to be. Could I rock it with jeans or leggings? Should it be altered into a top? What do you think?

Of course, if this dress is meant to be, I will need a hot shoe to go with it. I think the yellow zebra print pumps I just got would clash a bit with the style, so what about something like this? Strappy with ruffles ... would it work? Uggg!! I hate being indecisive! I should have had a contest to pick out my 'going out birthday outfit'! Ha ha!

Wish me luck on my shopping quest this week. With the way my brain is operating lately, I think I will just sit in the dressing room and let the store associates bring me outfits they like.

7 comments:

Jodee said...

Love love LOVE that dress! Soo cute.....cant help ya in the shoe dept....I suck with them! But, love that dress too cute- hope you find it!

Unknown said...

I think those shoes are perfect for the dress!

Unless you're 6 feet tall, it may not be too short after all, the models are super tall so the hem lines look higher than they may actually be, but, that doesn't always hold true, but sometimes it does.

Luckily prom dresses are out, so there should be plenty of dresses to pick from if you don't find the right one!

Umm, I'll be 28 this year, and my brain is the size of a gnat!!

My shopping phase isn't over, I hope it is soon, I need to have kids someday and I don't wanna be broke! LOL --- don't know why they're "dirty" btw...

Good luck shopping!

TLF said...

Forever 21 always has the most ADORABLE dressed.. but they are friggin SHORT! And I'm a friggin short person! If you're taller than me, (5'4), I think you'd do good making it a top w/ a pair of skinny jeans. Good Luck on your shopping trip!

sprinkles said...

I wish I could outgrow my shopaholic phase, I might actually have more $ then!

I do like that dress. The shoes, not so much. But you're the one who has to wear the outfit and not me so I say wear whatever makes you happy!

Shelley said...

I love the dress with the shoes!! That's such a great outfit!!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Love the dress, love the shoes! I can't wait to see what you decide!

Nana B said...

I could so see you in the dress and shoes, nice outfit. You have good taste! Love ya, Mom B

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...