Sunday, April 4, 2010

Busy Saturday!

I totally meant to blog yesterday, but after having a fun and busy girls day out (and a few glasses of wine), I was exhausted by the end of the night! We Baker girls love to shop, and it really is hard work! Ha ha! I ended up getting Juicy's Couture Couture perfume at the Eau de Party event, and also snagged some new MAC products ... more on the color swatches later, but I got a couple lipsticks, a gloss, and the make-up remover wipes (which are so fabulous!!).

After spending 2 1/2 hours at the Nordstrom event, we headed to the nail salon to get our nails done and our feet pampered. I have been annoyed with my nails lately and decided it was time for them to come off for a while. I had the tips taken off and had a thin layer of acrylic put over the tops of my nails to prevent that awful splitting and peeling that comes with growing your nails back out. I had a sparkly nude color put over the top to make them look pretty for our trip.
My toes were painted to match my BlackBerry. Not intentionally, but that's what happened when I did 2 different colors. Pedis and manis sure do make a girl feel good!

From the salon, we headed out to lunch at Claim Jumper. After reading their shocking!! nutritional values on their menu, I opted for a salad. Boring, I know, but it paired well with the oh-so-yummy, don't-care-how-many-calories, parmesan zucchini spears.

After lunch, we drove out to the Coach Outlet. While I didn't find myself anything, I did snag a couple great gifts for my Spring Fling Giveaway Event! Woot!
Target was our last stop of the day for some last minute Easter goodies. After being out for 10 hours, we headed home. I popped open a bottle of wine, fed my boys and got them into bed, set up Easter baskets, and crashed!
I am really excited for my vacation coming up. Just me and my hubby, 6 days without the kiddos, soaking up the California sunshine! Keeping these happy thoughts are going to get me through the 13 loads of laundry that I need to do before we leave on Tuesday. LOL!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Loks like you had a blast, I'm glad you got the perfume you wanted!! You leave Thursday, yay!!!! My vaca isn't for another 2 months...8 days in Cancun, thank goodness, haha.

13 loads, How can I complain about 5/week (just him and I)!! You're a soldier :)

Yay for a salad, yummm

sprinkles said...

What a wonderful girls day out! I'm jealous, I haven't had a day like that in a long time! My day will come though. Someday!

I love that your toes match your blackberry! I think I have a color similar to that one. I was putting away some polishes I just bought a few days ago and noticed there were colors I had forgotten all about. Can't wait to start using them and wearing them with all my pretty summer shoes.

I'm probably in the minority but I actually don't mind doing laundry. I HATE to fold so I only fold towels and undies. Everything else goes on a hanger.

Jules said...

So glad you went with the Couture Couture. It smells so nice and aren’t those MAC makeup remover wipes fabulous? Manis and pedis are the best and I love the colors that you went with. I’ve been toying with the idea of getting my tips put back on, but my nails are finally healthy and I don’t want to wreck them again.

It sounds like a perfect ladies day out!

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...