Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Winter Glow

Here's what I use on my face when I want a polished look ... MAC Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15. I say 'polished' because this fab moisturizer evens out my skin tone and blends very nicely with my natural skin color. I don't use foundation or powders on my face. I don't like the feeling of having anything but moisturizer on my face. So when I wear this, especially now in the winter time when my skin can get pale and uneven, I can get the complexion of a foundation with the natural feel of a moisturizer. There are 5 shades to choose from, I wear the medium and it blends flawlessly. The SPF is a nice added feature, and I am pleasantly surprised that this is as light-weight as it is. Usually I find products with SPF to have a thicker consistency. The price is a little on the spendier side at $29.50, but a little bit goes a long way!! You can sample this product before buying it, too. Just stop by your local MAC counter and find the shade that will match your skin tone the best. Samples are gladly given on all their products.
Now ... if I could only find a self-tanner for the rest of my body that won't turn me shades of orange, I could better fight the urges to buy a tanning package at the salon. Any suggestions??

8 comments:

J-ezzy said...

Have you tries St Tropez? I haven't, but I've heard rave reviews on tons of blogs :)

I bought a Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (the glowy one) and it's way too dark :( Shame on me for thinking I can pick the right color on ebay! I would like to try MAC's! Can I see your face with it on pweeeeazy?

Now that I think about it, I think the color would work in the summer for me...hmmm, I'll just have to wait and see!

Working Mommy said...

I LOVE MAC...but besides my great love and devotion to the company - I love this lotion!! GREAT choice!

mrs.mfc said...

This is so strange. Just this morning when I was putting on my makeup, I was thinking to myself that my skin is too dry right now to be using the makeup I am using. It just looks so dry and .. matte. I will have to try this one for sure!! Do you apply it with a sponge or your fingers or a brush? Do you use any concealer or anything with it, or is it enough to even you out by itself?

Thanks for sharing!!

Farah said...

I gotta say you have got me curious about this product... i dont like wearing foundation everyday so maybe i should look into this one ;)

Thanks for the inspiration lol and let me know if you pick up the Angel lipstick :)

sprinkles said...

This sounds like an interesting product! I'm fairly pale so I kinda have to wear foundation cuz otherwise every little flaw shows and who wants that?! I don't tan well so that doesn't exactly help.

I might just have to try this!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I've always heard good stuff about Mac products. I might have to try some out.

Unknown said...

J-ezzy ... I haven't tried St Tropez yet. I'll have to look into that. And most of my pics that I post I am wearing the tinted moisturizer, but maybe I'll do a before and after pic soon!
mrs. mfc ... I apply this with my fingers because my skin (like yours) is dry, and I don't want any of it absorbing into the sponge. I only use a concealer for my dark circles, to lighten up my eye area, but this even covers those pretty well.

J-ezzy said...

Yay, can't wait to see the before and after! :)

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...