Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Workin' It

I am starting week 3 of my 'getting in shape' resolution and I must say that I am quite surprised that I have lasted this long! I am eating right (and totally not starving myself) and hittin' the gym a few times a week. I am determined to not get bored, so I took a cardio kickboxing class last night to keep me from draggin' my feet on the eliptical. My energy levels are up, I am working on the bloated gut, and trying to keep my mind off the scale (because I actually gained a pound last week and I am not ready to talk about it). So far, so good in my book (other than that stinkin' pound. I blame the pizza)! Plus, I am finding that my mood by the end of the day is picking up. Definitely not so crabby, so the gym must be a good stress relief! How are your goals coming along? Any advice to keep me motivated? I need lots of kudos here girls, because working out SUCKS and being in the last year of my 20's is showing me that I can no longer pig out on the junk comfort foods and wake up the next morning lookin' all slender and toned. My metabolism has always been good to me, but apparently it feels it is time to slow it down a bit.
Sigh.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I have started going to the gym now to! & Im always looking at celebs amazing bodys to keep me motavated as Id love a body like that! XO

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

I know its hard, I just keep thinking about the beach in Mexico and the bathing suit Ill have to wear come April!

A Real Housewife said...

just count that pound as muscle. ;) i finally headed back to the track last night...NOT loving it.

Jen said...

Don't worry about the gained pound. I read that when beginning an exercise program that your muscles aren't used to, your body protects the sore muscles and tissue with extra liquid which builds up and causes a slight weight gain. Keep up the great work!:)

Summer said...

I actually decided to give up gluten and most sugar for awhile and see how things changed for me....I'm about a week and a half in and so far so good!

It's definitely not for everyone, and I don't know how long I'll do it....because I honestly believe everything in moderation.

Anyway, you go girl....you're doing awesome!

Jodee said...

Your doing great! I found a NEW snack that is the BOMB...I tried the Fiber One granola bars- that commerical I kept seeing made me look for it! They are SOOOOO good...and they have 9 grams of fiber in them- so they are healthy snack too! I got the choc/oats one and cant wait to try the choc chips out next...You should try it!

Anonymous said...

My advice... don't look at the scale. If you're eating right and exercising, you will see the change in your body. Keep up the good work!

sprinkles said...

I'd say don't look at the scale. Mine says I've lost 10 pounds in 2 months yet my clothes don't fit any looser and my body doesn't look any smaller.

One thing I used to do when I was working out regularly is to treat myself to a little something once I reached my goal - maybe a new outfit, some jewelry, a night out at the movies, it could be anything! And I'd keep myself motivated by thinking of what I'd get once I accomplished my goal.

Unknown said...

You girls are all so fab!! Thanks so much for all the positive love!! xoxo

Erik and Mary said...

Kick is my favorite... spinning is my a once a week fav (but you have to have an AWESOME instructor) you burn at least 600 calories in a good spin class. You could always slow down and do pilates for toning and stress relief. Good for you! Keep it up!!!

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...