Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer Swap, Anyone?

We took the boys to see Shrek Forever After this weekend (cute movie!!), and my hubby and I are still laughing at one particular line that Donkey says ... "You know what you need around here? Flip Flop Friday! Feel the breeze go right over your toes!"
Aaah ... summertime! I am trying to wait patiently for the sun to come out and stay a while, but all this rain and coldness is bumming me out!
Donkey's idea (and the way he says it) is sure putting a smile on my face and has inspired me to try out my very first swap!! A little something to help these wet days pass by quickly and get y'all excited for the sunshine! I was thinking a flip flop swap would be fun, then I thought summer accessories would be great, too! Then I remembered the awesome summer swap I participated in last year and got all kinds of fun goodies to last me throughout the summer.
So now I need ideas - would anyone be interested in participating in a swap here on dot...dot...dot...? I was thinking a $25 limit so it doesn't break the bank. What should the theme be? I will leave this up for comments for a day or two, let me know what you think!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...I'm not sure of a theme, but that would be so much fun! I would definitely play along

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Love it! Theme? I am terrible at those!

Alisa said...

I'd definitely be interested!

Krissa said...

what about a summer essentials kit...what you must have to get through the summer...????
just a thought :)

Stylista Fitness said...

I'm in :d

Anonymous said...

im in!! maybe do a theme of your favorite things, so eache person will send the other person some of their favorite things, such as a mag. w/some nailpolish, mascara or favorite flipflops etc... just an idea!

Emily said...

Hmmmm....I might do it if it was something specific, like flip-flops. Sounds fun!

Shelley said...

That sounds fun! What a great way to bring us all together, too!

sprinkles said...

I've participated in swaps in the past and got some really great things! I would totally participate if only I had a job and could actually afford to go out and buy stuff. Boo, stupid economy!

TLF said...

I would totally be in!
Theme.. Hmm.. I'm liking the flip flops, accessories, all things girly theme!

Yankee Wife said...

Love the idea - especially a theme. So here's mine. The items must be purchased off of Etsy, or Etsy-Like in style. For instance, handpainted martini/wine glasses, summer totes, jewelry, personalized notecards, summertime sign etc.
So the idea is the main item Etsy-like then if you wanted accessories you could find those elsewhere. Just a thought :)

Adie said...

It sounds like a total blast!

Anonymous said...

That was my favorite line from the movie too. Ha!

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...