Friday, August 8, 2008

Summer Reading continues ....

I know from the last 3 blogs I have posted, it looks as though I have been spending more time on You Tube than anything else - ha, ha!! I have been reading every night before bed though, for about an hour with my trusty little book light! I will admit that reading each night before bed has definitely put me on a better sleeping schedule! Yay for me!!
So last week, I finished the book Night, by Elie Wiesel. This powerful book is a part of Oprah's Book Club and she did an amazing interview with Elie this last year. She interviewed him from inside the concentration camps in Germany that he was so brutally treated in. Her interview was heart-wrenching, especially when they walked through the Holocaust Memorial where, on display, were the millions of belongings of the Jewish people who lived and died in these barbaric and in-humane hells. Shoes, suitcases, clothing, children's belongings, even hair that was shaved off their heads.
Night is Elie Wiesel's testimony of his experience in the concentration camps in Germany. It is sad, terrifying, and horrific, but a must-read!!

1 comment:

Ang said...

I am always looking to add a new book to my "must read" list and have heard bits and pieces of Elie's story before. I will have to check it out, thanks! :)

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...