Friday, January 30, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Now I hope I have inspired all of you to pull out your wedding pics and post a few for all to see!! :o)
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
To the woman that crapped in my car…
Reply to: email@example.com
Date: 2009-01-25, 8:53PM
We met on Craigslist so I am hoping that this post finds you. I know that it could quite possibly be the most humiliating first date that you have ever been on, but I am willing to look past that.
I thought we had chemistry sitting at McMenamins sharing that basket of Cajun Tots while drinking the Terminator Stout. I really felt like there was a connection there. I found you to be intelligent and witty and looked forward to further conversation with you.
At some point in life, everyone has gambled on a fart and lost. It just happened to be on a first date in the passenger seat of my car. Please don’t feel bad. The package I sent you with Pepto the next day and the note that said “First dates are always a crap shoot. Call me” was meant to be funny, not offensive.
I have gambled on a fart and lost on multiple occasions. The first time I did it was very memorable. It happened when I was five and sitting on my uncle's lap. I am lactose intolerant, but love cheese. I probably win 95% of the time, but I don't think anyone wins 100% of the time. That's why they call it "gambling". I'm the last person to judge you for crapping your pants. In fact, I am impressed by your boldness. The timing on the other hand, could have been a tad bit better...like when you're not sitting on a heated leather seat...
What I am trying to say is that if you want to go out again, I would be more than happy to take you someplace where we can get a meal that is high in fiber and less taxing on the digestive tract.
I await your call,
P.S. - If you shat yourself on purpose to end the evening early…Touché…
Location: NE Portland
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
- Taste Tester - someone to cook for me with the only expectation that I give an honest opinion of the foods. I wouldn't have to clean up, or hear any complaints, or have to negotiate desserts with how many more bites have to be taken. Meals would be served at proper temperatures being I would be the first priority to sample, and the job would require sitting down at a table for the entire meal.
- Cleaning Inspector - walk around with my little white gloves on. Inspect closets, under beds, bathrooms, and kitchens making sure they are sanitized and organized to the highest of standards. Laundry to be inspected for proper stain removal and sock matching, and to be folded and organized neatly in their designated spaces.
- Personal Shopper - shopping at the mall all day, spending other people's money. I would be willing to accept shopping credits for this particular position. Strollers and children are not allowed during work hours, but lunch with the husband or girlfriends is highly recommended. Minimum of two Starbucks breaks are required each shift, and occasional massages will be assigned for employee well-being.
Hee, hee. It would be easier to win the lottery, but that's another post. It's fun to dream a little. :o)
Monday, January 26, 2009
Flying home from Cabo, I purchased these tasty little chips and fell in love! Now I am sitting in front of a party size bag and praying that I can stop myself before something unfortunate transpires (weight gain, upset stomach, whatever ...). It's a good thing the rest of my fam likes them too ... I seriously would need a mental evaluation if I ate all of these on my own!
25 Random Facts about April
1. I lived in South San Francisco, California for the first 10 years of my life, although I was born in Portland, Oregon.
2. My favorite color is purple. Boring fact, I know, but I have to come up with 25!!
3. I love the internet! Without it, I would seriously go crazy! Emailing, blogging, whatever - love it all!
4. I travel a lot with my family. We have done the Disney Cruise twice to the Bahamas, and traveled to many, many places. We take at least two big vacations a year and enjoy planning our destinations.
5. Favorite TV Shows - gotta include these! Ghost Whisperer, The Real Housewives of Orange County, Lipstick Jungle, 90210, Privileged, The Hills, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, In Plain Sight, The Closer, Without A Trace, and Law and Order SVU. Whew! My DVR is always recording! LOL!
6. My favorite subject in school was English and I loved to write!
7. If I had to go back to high school and do it all over again, I would have learned Spanish! I took a whole half of a semester, then dropped the class. It would be nice to be fluent in another widely used language! I have always wanted to learn Italian, too.
8. Food ... I love to eat! I am usually willing to try just about anything, and if something is really good, I'll do a little dance for the first bite or two. Seriously.
9. I am currently living with my family in the downstairs portion of my mom and dad-in-laws house. Hubby and I decided to rent our house out until the market picks up, and we wanted to relocate to get our boys into this school district. The downstairs is about 1500 square feet, so we are are in our own little apartment! I get along great with my in-laws, so this is going to be nice!
10. I love to go dancing! I rarely ever do though (not too big into the club scene), but when I get to, I love it!
11. I listen to rap, hip hop, r& b, and pop. I am not into the gangster stuff, mainly just what you hear on the radio. I am a big fan of Britney Spears, The Pussycat Dolls, T.I., and so many more!
12. My girl crush is Nicole Scherzinger from The Pussycat Dolls - she is so gorgeous!! Vanessa Marcil is my #2 ... such beautiful and sexy women!!
13. Tim and I were married on June 23, 2001. We dated for 2 1/2 years before we tied the knot, and we were both virgins on our wedding night!!
14. I have acrylic nails and my mom-in-law treats me to fills every few weeks! We love our girl time together at the salon!
15. Shopping. It's my thing.
16. I have a salty-sweet fetish, especially at the movie theater. If I have popcorn, I have to combine it with something sweet, like sour straws. I'll go back and forth switching between the two until I am full and satisfied.
17. I met my bff, Betsy, on myspace! When I moved to Gresham, I did a random search of moms in the area, saw Betsy's profile, and sent her a message. She replied and invited me to join MOMS Club of Gresham in which she was the vice president of at the time. I went to an open house, and her and I (and our two boys who are 9 months apart) became good friends! I have never had such an amazing friend, and I love her so much! We are un-biological sisters! LOL!
18. I am an ex-scrapbooker. So sad that my hobby came to an end this last year. I have no time to keep up, and with today's easy to do books online, I have given up my one time addiction! I have 16 completed albums.
19. I am French-Italian, and Germman with a tad bit of Irish and English. I only brag about my Italian roots though. Hee, hee.
20. I am an Italian girl who doesn't like wine! Gasp! I know, blasphemy!
21. My alcohol of choice is vodka. Classy, right? It's the only thing that doesn't give me a hangover the next day. Seriously! Tequilla will make me puke, Rum upsets my stomach and makes my head throb, and Whiskey is so nasty, I can't even get past the taste (or smell for that matter). Any fruit juice and vodka is my usual order ... martinis are fun, too.
22. My favorite movie of all time is Dirty Dancing. Nobody puts Baby in a corner!
23. My (paternal) grandma is one of the most important people in my life. She practically raised me growing up, and to this day, we still hang out every week. She is a very big part of my everyday life and at 85 years old, her and I love our lunch and shopping trips!! I love my gram!
24. I drive a 2007 Chevy Tahoe. I totalled the gold minivan this last year (don't judge - it had all the options!), and I love my SUV. It is uasually always dirty though - inside and out! I try to keep it clean, but my boys do a good job of messing it up!
25. I have to sleep on the right side of the bed (if facing the bed from the foot). Don't know why for sure, it just feels right.
Okay - this took for-evah to complete, so be sure to comment, people!! Ha, ha! Feel free to re-post one of your own, too!!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Here are my little guys just a few months old ...
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Yep - his latest tattoo is of me (from our wedding day)!!
x o x o
Had to post my hottie hubby
Monday, January 19, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
I hope everyone is having a great week ... lots of love!! xoxo
**Oh, and I forgot to mention the whale watching from our room ... so cool! Tim and his dad went marlin fishing today and caught a 9 footer! Tim caught it on camera. While they were out on the boat, they saw whales up close, dolphins doing acrobatics in the ocean, and flying fish. Mom and I went to a sister resort today to barter with the locals - the boys got superhero parachute thingies that are now just superheroes (cheap toys!), and I got myself a henna tattoo (cuz I can't commit to the real deal - ha, ha!!). We dipped our feet into the Sea of Cortez and had some fun on the beach. I don't know if I am going to be able to come home ... seeing the gorgeous ocean and feeling the warm sunshine every morning will be hard to leave.**
Monday, January 12, 2009
Saturday, January 10, 2009
A quick shout out to my awesome friend, Sheri, who just started a blog!! We have been friends since our first day of kindergarten back in South San Francisco, and she is one cool chica!! She still lives in Cali and we don't get to see eachother all that often, so I am definitely excited to keep up with her more through her blog. Go show Miss Sheri some love and welcome her to the world of blogging!!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Packing is moving along. I am trying not to feel overwhelmed. So far, so good. We are heading off for Cabo San Lucas, Mexico on Monday, and I am just hoping we can get 95% of the work done before we leave. Check in on me in a few days and see how stressed out I am then! Ha, ha!
I am still workin' the Special K diet ... week one I lost a few pounds (probably helped to lose all the lovely water weight my period brought on), and I am doing well in week two. Sunday will be my official weigh in day ...
I hope everyone is having a great week!!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
So, back to tonight .... we were driving home in about an inch of snow and ice, came around the corner in our neighborhood and proceeded up a small incline to reach our driveway. And the Tahoe stops, wheels spinning. Traction control light goes on, and the car all but shuts down. Tim puts it in reverse, hoping to gain some momentum, and tries again to get up this small hill. No luck. We try again, and again, and one more time. We then back track around the corner, and try one more time to pick up some rpm's to make it to our driveway .... come around the corner and spin 90 degrees. With neighbors now watching out their windows and on their front porches, my embarrassed hubby tries one last attempt and pulls closer to the curb (if we fail this one, at least it will look like we are just parking the car). Sure enough, we gain more traction and rev it up down our driveway (we live off of a private drive). Oy!
We can only imagine and laugh to ourselves what the neighbors were thinking as we are driving a big Chevy Tahoe that can't make it in an inch of snow. Hee, hee. Oh well.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Where is your cell phone? On the kitchen counter next to my purse
Your significant other? He might just be in the bath tub (but you didn't hear that from me!)
Your hair? Needs to be dyed soon ... dark chocolate, but right now it is up in a ponytail.
Your mother? German
Your father? French-Italian
Your favorite thing? Plural - shopping, eating, internet, traveling, etc ...
Your dream last night? I actually didn't go to sleep until 8am - didn't have time to dream before my boys woke me up!
Your favorite drink? Non-alcoholic: my complicated green tea latte or sweet tea Alcoholic: I am a vodka girl - no hangovers when you stick to vodka!
Your dream/goal? To be debt free - we will get there some day!
What room are you in? in my bedroom snuggled up in bed
Your hobby? Does shopping count? Photography (nothing professional, just my boys) and blogging
Your fear? Not being able to live long enough to see my boys grow older, and snakes! I swear one will kill me one day!
Where do you want to be in 6 years? Let's see - I will be turning 33, Maddox will be turning 11, and Sean will be 8 years old - HOLY COW! I will probably have a fun part-time job and loving life with my 3 guys!
Where were you last night? After dinner at my parents house, I was laying in bed all night watching TV (damn insomnia!)
Something that you aren't? Fake - I try to keep it real (and try to be nice at the same time)
Muffins? Tops only ... mmmmm!!
Wish list item? a new purse maybe
Last thing you did? Put the boys to bed and checked my email
What are you wearing? sweatpants and a long sleeve tee - comfy jammies!
TV? We have 5 in our house!!
Your pets? One very sweet and gentle Siberian Husky named Sadie Girl, and a tadpole with no name.
Friends? Of course, cuz I am cool like that!
Your life? is absolutely amazing! I am so blessed!
Your mood? I am so tired - I took some Nyquil because I am still sick and don't want to pull another all-nighter. This stuff knocks me right out!
Missing someone? Papa Tuddy (my grandpa) ... he died a long time ago, and it would have been so great to be sharing life with him today. He would have been amazing with my boys!
Smoking? Oh hell no!! Don't even get me started!!
Your car? My 2007 Tahoe ... love it! My hubby hit a huge piece of ice tonight though and busted something unber the front bumper. Sigh.
Something you're not wearing? Socks - I never wear them in bed!
Your favourite store? Gosh - too many to choose from!!
Your favourite color? Purple
When is the last time you cried? Probably when watching TV - I always get so caught up in the moment!
Who will repost this? I am hoping everyone (I need to stay entertained somehow!)
Where do you go to over and over? Maddox's preschool and shopping/out to eat with my gram
Person who messages you regularly? Text? Probably Miss Jackie the most.
Favorite place to eat? Stanfords, Panera, Nautical Nellies (a rarity - it's a steakhouse in Canada)
Place you'd like to be right now? In La La Land ... I am sooo tired!!
Hugs? Bring them on!! The tighter the better!
Favorite music? Pop, hip hop
What did u get for christmas? Mayfaire Uggs, Northface jacket, clothes, Britney Spears CD, oh the list goes on and on ... I was spoiled!!
Are you sick of the snow? Say it with me: NO MORE SNOW, NO MORE SNOW!!
Favorite weather? Love the fall - not quite cold weather, not super hot ... perfect!! Also love the summer time - the warmer the better!! I hate being cold!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
This year's resolution ... to get out of debt!! I really need to buckle down and not spend so much on unnecessary things. A very big goal that I would love to achieve!! What are your resolutions this year? Did you achieve your 2008 goals?
Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...
This giveaway needs very little explanation, but is sure to put a smile on your face! One thing I love year round, but appreciate the most i...
7 Beauty Bloggers have gotten together to bring you one fabulous CASH giveaway! You could win one of 3 amazing cash prizes in the first S...
Who is familiar with the BEARPAW Shoe Company? I have recently been introduced to this brand and was given the awesome opportunity to try ou...