Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Eau de Party

This Saturday, I will be enjoying some of the finer things in life ... at the Nordstrom Fragrance Event. My mom-in-law and sis-in-law love attending these exclusive events each year, and I always enjoy the girls day out. The party kicks off bright and early at 8am. Fragrance samples, gifts, raffles, and shopping ... can you see me doing a little dance?
I am probably going to be adding Juicy Couture's newer fragrance Couture Couture to my collection. Believe it or not, I still don't own it. I also smelled Ed Hardy's Hearts and Daggers ... YUM! The only thing I am not impressed with Ed Hardy's scents is that they don't last long. I can get Juicy to linger longer by layering the body lotion with the perfume, but I am not a fan of the shimmer lotions that Ed Hardy offers. What is your scent of choice?
The MAC counter is always hopping at these events. I need some make-up remover wipes and just might try MAC's. Anyone have any reviews on them? I will also be playing around with the latest colors ... recommendations?? I still adore the Angel lipstick that Farah introduced on her blog. What are some other favorites from you girls?
I have also heard good things about the NARS line, but never tried it. What are some must-haves for my make-up collection?
I will also browse handbags and watches ... maybe I will snag some 'too good to pass up' deals and even find a gift or two for my upcoming giveaway event!
We have pedicures scheduled after the event, and of course, lunch at one of our favorite restaurants. I am definitely looking forward to a little girl time!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds fun!

Jules said...

It sounds like a fun event and I love the smell of Couture Couture. It’s really a nice scent. Right now, I really love Fancy by Jessica Simpson. Considering I just bought a ton at MAC, I have to say that I did really like their makeup remover wipes and I also got a new shade of lipstick called Plink!. I’m usually a lip gloss girl, but it you use this shade and put clear Lipglass or any clear gloss over top, it is a pinky/nude and I love it.

Unknown said...

I love those sorts of events!!

I love Dolce Gabanna Light Blue (for Summer), Miss Dior Cherie for Winter, Amor Amor by Cacharel for anytime, Promesse by Cacharel for anytime

Hue is a great MAC lipstick shade (Angel was my FIRST love from MAC and still is my biggest love!)

MAC's MSF in Comfort is my all time favorite bronzer! I use it as blush or contouring, it's a-ma-zing!

NARS is great, I only own blushes and Laguna Beach bronzer by them (which you can find at TJ Maxx sometimes) so I try to stay away from their counters =/ But I do love the blushes and bronzers.

MAC Makeup remover wipes are da bomb dot com!! I just can't justify the price for I buy a 30 pack of Epielle at my Big Lots for $1 (and they're amazing!!) only difference is they may be a tab smaller and don't smell as divine as MAC wipes.

I hope you have a blast doll! Enjoy your time with the ladies!

sprinkles said...

Your day out sounds like so much fun! Can I tag along with you? I love doing stuff like this.

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...