Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Doing your body good ...

I have found a bit of motivation lately to get back on track with taking better care of myself.
Vacation.
In just 32 days.
While a vacation is just a temporary mark to reach my goals, I am determined to kick my lazy habits for good and work on keeping up a healthy lifestyle. This last year in general, I gained 20 pounds to date. I always knew my metabolism was going to slow down eventually, and apparently the fine age of 30 was time to do so. While I am healthy (thank God), I am not okay with this extra weight, nor do I want to continue to gain. So, it's back to being diligent and focused on making healthier decisions. Detoxes and fasts are temporary fixes to re-boot, but they also tend to do no good when your body sees you are trying to use them as a fast-fix. I am guilty of this, and my metabolism laughs as soon as I start eating poorly again. So here are a few simple additions to my everyday routine that really helps my body and metabolism work at its finest ...
Green and White Teas ... awesome for your metabolism, high in antioxidants, aids in digestion and weight loss, lowers cholesterol and blood pressure, and overall cleansing.

Probiotics ... regulates the good bacterias in your intestines and stomach. I am not a fan of yogurt, so I take one of these pills a day and they help keep my bloating and stomach issues at bay.
Okay girls ... this is one vitamin supplement EVERY gal should be taking each day. When we deal with stress, our bodies produce Cortisol. Cortisol triggers the body to store fat (especially around our mid-sections) and increases our appetites. The formula make-up of these B Vitamins increases positive moods and energy levels, decreasing stress and the production of Cortisol.

And lastly, but definitely not least important, I take a shot of this multi-vitamin liquid every day. It is found at Max Muscle (in stores and online) and has over 100 vitamins and minerals, antioxidants and amino acids. Because it is in liquid form, my body immediately absorbs the high potency formula and easily takes in the nutrients.
On top of the supplements, I am trying to incorporate cardio each day, whether it be going for a run in the neighborhood or hittin' up Zumba a couple times a week. I am also going to try to eat cleaner, which is my biggest weakness. It's hard to say no to fast food, bread and pasta ... especially in a family of boys who don't need to worry too much about the scale. I realize this isn't going to be a monumental change in the next 32 days, but it will be a start. Baby steps, right?
What do you do in your daily life to keep fit and healthy?

3 comments:

Stephanie Hartman said...

Man I need to load up on some of these forsure on the Stress one..

sprinkles said...

I've always had a slow metabolism. And then I did those depoprovera shots which was a HUGE mistake. I gained weight at an alarming rate. At one point, I ate almost nothing and would then make myself throw it up when i did eat. Didn't matter, still gained. I stopped doing them and still haven't been able to lose the weight. I remember telling my dr. it was doing TOO good of a job as a birth control. With all the weight I gained from it in such a short time, no guy would even so much as look at me. lol

Not a fan of tea but I do have some green tea around the house. Some lady gave them to me and I kept telling her I don't like tea but she wouldn't take it back.

Gotta get some of the B-Stress stuff.

sprinkles said...

I've always had a slow metabolism. And then I did those depoprovera shots which was a HUGE mistake. I gained weight at an alarming rate. At one point, I ate almost nothing and would then make myself throw it up when i did eat. Didn't matter, still gained. I stopped doing them and still haven't been able to lose the weight. I remember telling my dr. it was doing TOO good of a job as a birth control. With all the weight I gained from it in such a short time, no guy would even so much as look at me. lol

Not a fan of tea but I do have some green tea around the house. Some lady gave them to me and I kept telling her I don't like tea but she wouldn't take it back.

Gotta get some of the B-Stress stuff.

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...