Monday, April 6, 2009

Any suggestions?

On Wednesday I am getting my hair done - yay! This usually only happens twice a year. Honestly, it is just too expensive. There are only 2 times a year when I can validate a trip to the salon: a) my birthday - cuz the birthday girl has gotta look good! and b) the fall - after the summer sun has fried my hair. Anytime in between, my color comes from a box ... ain't no shame!
So I usually go with a dark chocolate color - yummy, huh? And I add in a few long layers ... I am loving the long hair! With grow-out and fading, this seems to be an easy, not so obvious color as it blends in with my already brown hair. I love the rich tones and the shine. Anyone have any suggestions for my new 'do? I have been checking out celebrities online to try to get a perfect example of what I want, but haven't found anything that stands out yet. Hubby is dead-set against bangs (I already ran that one by him), and I have been debating a peek-a-boo purple highlight. No, I am not crazy! I have seen purple (among other colors, but purple is my fave) highlights on chick-a-dees my age and while I think they can rock it for themselves, I would be way too scurred to go that bold. So why not a little piece hidden underneath that occasionally pops through? Fun? Tacky? Too high school? Whadya think? Throw out some names or styles that I can google, or links you may come across. Thanks, girls!

5 comments:

Jodee said...

I think the hidden piece would be cute! I might be going out on a limb here- but seems Betsy might have the right answer- since she does have some great taste!!!! What does she think? What about some side bangs...you know the kind you swish to the side? Not straight cut off....they are cut sideways so they just sweep to the side?

Sassy Cass said...

I say go for the purple streak, but then again I'm a rebel like that. I think it would be super fun and I always loved the girl on Big Brotehr's hidden hot pink streak that you could only see when she pulled it up. You can always dye it back if you don't like it. What do you have to lose?

poopsie said...

oh yea, do the purple. :) that would look great-if i could swing it at work i would go for pink...but i need my job. hee hee. cant wait to see what you try!

Unknown said...

Ooooh ... you girls are fun! I think you have encouraged me to go with the purple streak!! Woot woot! LOL!

Betsy said...

I would say no to the "hidden" purple streak. The problem is that it often doesn't stay hidden. I see girls all the time with their streaks playing peek a boo out the back of their hair when it's down. Although this is Portland, and if you could pull it off anywhere, you could pull it off here. :) You would look great in almost any hair though. :) Love ya!

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...