Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Weak.

I held up a pretty impressive run. And not of the athletic nature - y'all know me better than that! I decided not to drink pop (as in soda, for all you non-Oregonians) for about 2 years. My theory was, after having my second kiddo, my extra bloating issue was caused by drinking the sugary drink. I had already lost my pregnancy weight, so why did my gut still look like I was in my 2nd trimester?

Being too lazy for sit-ups or cardio, I cut out pop totally and only drank water and tea. And why not cut out a meal or two a day to help get rid of the bulge! Yeah, I know. I should write a book ... How To Really Destroy Your Metabolism. So anyways, I quit cold turkey, fought off random cravings, and eventually just hated the stuff. The bloating went way down, but I think I was just hoping for a nice little 6-pack to form. Heck, I'd even take a 4-pack - who's being picky? And it no longer matters how little I eat throughout the day, it is no fun starving yourself to see the scale remain the same the next day. This method used to work me, but now makes no difference in the pounds. And no, I was never anorexic! I love food way too much to go all mental over it. I would just hold off on eating until the late afternoon, then eat all my calories at dinner. For whatever reason, it used to work for me. Don't judge.

So, lately I have been into grenadine ... the cherry flavored syrup you mix into drinks. I actually grew up on Sherley Temples and Roy Rogers (in an Italian bar/restaurant in South San Francisco, in case you needed that detail), and have always loved the stuff. Miss Betsy ... my tiny little bff ... is a Diet Coke fan - if she can drink pop and not swell up like a balloon, then that's what I'll have! My latest little treat of the day ... a Diet Cherry Coke! Mmmm!! I just stick to one in a day, and it has to be grenadine-mixed. Yum!

7 comments:

Betsy said...

It's my one vice in this world! I LOVE the Diet Coke! If I could live on it alone I would! I don't suggest that for anyone though. :)

Shanna said...

I stopped drinking pop which was a true addiction. Sprite for me! I'm down about 20 pounds just from stopping the whole fizz thing...lol! However, just so you know drinking Diet products usually hinder any type of weight loss.

Timi said...

I have tried to get off the sauce more than a couple times. I can't do it! I have been drinking it since the early 80's. I started out with Tab and when Diet Coke came out I swore I would never drink the stuff. Who would drink Diet Coke? ME! Now I'm on a first name basis with the Coke guy who stalks the shelves at my local grocery.
Welcome back to the dark side of bad nutrition my friend!

angie warren said...

LOL :) Good for you, I keep saying I need to cut the diet coke off. I just can't I tell ya, CAN'T!

Sassy Cass said...

I love my Diet Dr Peppers more than anything else (almost). I have totally lost weight while drinking them, but that is because I stopped drinking calories in general (and I was drinking a ton of 'em). The new cherry flava rocks, but I bet it isn't as good as the real stuff!

Yankee Wife said...

Hmmmm. . . yummmy. I ♥ diet cherry coke!

Jodee said...

Yuck! I hate diet drinks...but you have me tempted with that stuff you mix it with. I love Mt Dew! It is a big weakness with me:)

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...