Thursday, April 2, 2009

I love the 80's




My boys are getting to the age where they love action figures. Spiderman, Batman, and more recently G.I. Joe's. My hubby is very excited about this age, as he gets to reflect back to when he was a young boy. I grew up in the 80's. While I didn't play with the boy toys, I remember Barbie and the Rockers, Strawberry Shortcake, Popples, and Rainbow Brite. Pound Puppies, The Wuzzles, The Smurfs, Care Bears, and Punky Brewster all helped make my childhood so memorable. What were some of your favorites?



































.


7 comments:

Betsy said...

Do you remember Gem and the Holograms? What about Gummi Bears cartoons? Those were all awesome! Love this post! Ahhhh...memories. :)

Sassy Cass said...

FLASHBACK! I loved all that stuff! I remeber Gem and her flashing earings & My Little Ponies, too!

Emily said...

I had forgotten about pound puppies!
Awe.

Nicole said...

Man that takes me back! I remember Fragile Rock too..

WSU Laura said...

Gem! I can still sing the theme song. Loved that cartoon.

Unknown said...

Who could forget about Jem!?! I added the theme song from YouTube - LOL!

Jodee said...

Shoot- I never heard of Jem! I even watched the video thinking I just forgot- but nope never heard of her or seen her before...and I am older than you!

I loved Punky and Strawberry- I still have all my strawberry shortcake figurines and all my record players!!!

Thanks for the memories!!!

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...