Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's Baaack ... *updated*

My insomnia.
I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for Thursday. Hoping to get a prescription for a good sleep drug. I need to sleep, people! I have had this issue since I was like 7 years old ... my mom used to let me stay up late with her drinking tea and playing Crazy Eights (card game). Fun times, but I blame that as the root of my issue (and the start of my tea addiction). Almost 21 years later, I am still staying up late. Bedtime for me is between 2:30am and 4am EVERY night. No matter how tired I may be, my brain will not shut down. So, we'll see what my doc has to say about it.

Anyone else not sleeping?
** Update: I have been diagnosed as a Chronic Insomniac. Whahoo! I will be on Ambien for 10 days, then will need to go back in for a follow-up. Doc says this will be a long-term treatment process and we will take it a step at a time (no hooking me up to machines at a sleep clinic ... yet). Thanks for all the comments ... I'll keep you all posted! **

4 comments:

Betsy said...

NOPE! If someone would let me go to sleep every night at 9pm I would! I wish I had just a little more energy at night. I hope that your doc can help you out though!
PS. Just be weary of getting addicted to sleep meds. I think those things may hurt you in the long run. Love ya!

Sassy Cass said...

Gah, my problem is totally opposite. I used to stay up all hours in high school & college. My mom is a night owl and we would organize, clean, play, etc. at all hours. Now I am lucky if i am awake past 10 pm. I have to try really hard to not fall asleep when I am laying down with LR. I need more energy too! Maybe yoou can bottle yours and sell it to me or maybe it's the tea. Hmm...I hope you get some zzzzs soon!

poopsie said...

once in a blue moon i have that issue but i love to sleep and get up for work at 4:30 am so my bedtime is around 9 or 10 each night. blame it on a kid that hasnt slept for 2 years but i NEED my rest, i am UGLY without it...physically and emotionally. good luck...my mom needs drugs to sleep so i know it is a real issue. hope the doc gives you some real good pills thurs!

Erik and Mary said...

That totally sucks! So sorry to hear that. I can't imagine! I hate nigh time so I would not handle it as well as you. ;-)

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...