Sunday, September 21, 2008

Welcome Fall!!

Fall decor in my dining room

I can honestly say that the fall is one of my favorite times of the year (Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays and warm Spring days being the other faves). This afternoon, I lounged around in sweatpants under a cozy blanket and listened to the rain fall outside. Being an Oregonian, enjoying the rain is a rare occurrence. Just wait a couple more months and I will be complaining about how depressing our gray weather will be. But today, I was calmed and relaxed. The air smelled so fresh and clean, and the sun breaks were beautiful. I put out my small collection of fall decor this last week, and planted mums in the front yard. The leaves are changing colors and falling from the trees, and I can hardly wait a couple more weeks to take pictures of the boys playing outside. Holiday bazaars are just around the corner, daylight savings is in a few weeks, and before you know it, the holiday season will be upon us (stores are already bringing out Christmas stuff!!). I am looking forward to slowing down a little bit, earlier bedtimes, and fall activities. What a beautiful season ... I am so excited it is here!!

2 comments:

Timi said...

April
Thank you for helping me spread the Oregon Duck word! I appreciate it. I'm going to need all the help I can get with this crowd! We are the lone duck fans in a group of WSU. THANK YOU!

Loved your discription of fall. I too am really enjoying this time of year. I'm a fall food girl and I'm in heaven right now. I need you to inform me of some of the great up coming bazzars in your area. I'm looking at making a couple treks down to Oregon this winter for "fun shopping". Would love to hear where your favorite spots are.
Thank you again for visiting my blog today. It's always fun having someone new comment.
Timi

Sarah said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Fall is my favorite season too! It's just the best. Spring is a good runner up.

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...