Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Debate Is Over ...

... now I just need your HONEST opinions!! I am a big girl, I can handle them!

So I found out a little trick to getting Uggs cheaper than their regular women's prices at Nordstrom's - you order the kid's boots! Say what?!? Yeah ... I know. I thought this was crazy, too, but follow me:


According to the kids size charts for Uggs, a kid's size 6 is equal to a woman's size 8 (my shoe size). How this equals still boggles my mind, but hey - the kid's shoes are a bit cheaper, so I thought I'd give it a try. I went through ebates and bought the kid's 'classic short' Uggs in chocolate for $89.95. Shipping is free with a Nordstrom's account, or your purchase can also be sent to your nearest store for pick-up free of charge. Ebates gave me an extra 6% cash back, bringing my Uggs to an awesome $84.55. Retail price for the women's Uggs are $129.95. I saved $45.40!!!
I received my new boots in the mail today, and they fit perfectly!!! The only difference I have found is that the kids size is about an inch and a half shorter in the calf shaft than the women's. Online, it states that the women's shoes are 8 1/2 inches tall, and mine measure at 7 inches. For an inch and a half difference, I am not complaining - I saved $45.40!!
So what do you think? Can I rock them? Do you notice the height difference? They are sooo comfy!! I am excited to get out wear them (even if they are tucked under my jeans - ha!).

PS. For whatever reason, my camera made the Uggs look gray - they are chocolate in person! :o)

11 comments:

JenWebb702 said...

I think they are cute but I am starting to wonder if I am color blind because I swear you say that you ordered chocolate and in the picture they look grey. Is it my eyes?

Unknown said...

I know - for whatever reason, my camera made them look gray - they are the chocolate in person. Ha, ha!

k e r r y said...

yes! an awesome tip!! are those gray uggs?

Jodee said...

What a smart little buyer you are!!! Well worth the amount saved! Your the only one that would notice the height differnce...Very good buy! Love them:)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome...I'm glad that it worked out for you!

Yankee Wife said...

Very cute. Do they sell gray Uggs? Because I'm thinkin' that you would wear the snot outta them . . . they're so comfy on the cold, rainy days! And you say your brain doesn't work anymore - ha!

Emily said...

Super Cute April.
Way to figure that deal out. I would have never thought to check the kids sizes.
That's awesome...if I ever need to replace or add to my collection, I will totally do that too!
Thanks for the tip.

poopsie said...

would never know the difference and good for you for taking the plunge! they look super cute and you totally rock the look...

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

So Ive been debating buying uggs for like a year now and found a super cheap site to do so. I like the idea of the warmness the promise but worry that because Im so short Ill look like a chode. I wear around a 6.5-7 size shoe, should I buy kids too? The shorter calf length may actually do me some good!

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely buying a 2nd pair now.

Nicole said...

Omg... you are a genius!!! I am an Ugg lover, but my husband isn't a big fan of their price tag, so I try to contain myself. I am so going to buy a new pair this weekend thanks to you!

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...