Monday, June 8, 2009

Let the fun begin!!

Aahh, summertime! Life is pretty busy in these few short months, but as long as the sun is out, I am ready for it!
This weekend was crazy busy - so busy, that I had to take a 3 hour nap yesterday to try to catch up! My sister-in-law and I had an awesome garage sale on Friday. We sold just about everything in the rain!! So much for picking a sunny day - a freak storm blew in Thursday evening. I pulled an all-nighter preparing and organizing for the event (I need to give props to Jackie who stayed well past midnight!!), and tried not to stress out too much.
My hubby's birthday was also Friday, and in all the chaos with the garage sale, I flaked out and didn't even get him a card. Yeah. Wife of the Year nomination, out.the.door. Note to self: NEVER plan another event on hubby's birthday ever again! I figured when planning the sale, it would be okay considering he had to work that day. But apparently I can't remember to take time out to get him a card and organize something else at the same time. Multi-tasking has never been my strong point. Thankfully I did remember to make dinner reservations earlier in the week, so we all went out to a nice family dinner to celebrate.

Saturday, having to redeem myself, I went out shopping with Betsy. I got Tim a new outfit and some cologne, which he loved. Saturday night, we went to dinner with Tim's brother and Jackie, then had tickets to see Dane Cook. O.M.G! I laughed so hard, I cried throughout the show! I debated posting a clip, but the language is a bit much. Dane is one funny guy though ... I highly recommend you see him if he comes to your city!
Sunday was low-key, but we still went out to lunch and took a trip to the mall. I decided to nap with the boys and ended up sleeping 3 hours. Nice! Wish I could do that every day!
So what did you all do this weekend? Are your schedules as full as mine? Have a great week!!

8 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

I'm glad your sale went well!! And I think Dane Cook is hilarious too.

Sassy Cass said...

Happy late bday to your hunky hubs! We had a great weekend too and I do heart some Dane Cook.

Sassy Cass said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Molly said...

Men appreciate food more than cards anyway. You did good. :)
I used your link for the headers. Thanks so much! I am working on a better one now, too. Glad you had a good weekend!

Jodee said...

Glad your sale rocked! I totally forgot my hubs card this year too..BUT he was MAD! He told me to wait...nothing for me when my day rolls around:( Least you had an excuse...I had nothing!

Emily said...

NO THANK GOODNESS....SCHEDULE IS NOT THAT BUSY...at least for now. :)

Those full weekends can be so much fun but exhausting at the same time. You made some great memories though and that's what matters!

Dana said...

Glad to hear your garage sale went well. I have forgotten to get my hubby a bday card before also. It happens when life gets busy like that. Sounds like you made up for it though.

I would soooo love to see Dane Cook one of these days. He is a pretty funny guy.

poopsie said...

YES, same here...life for the next 3 months is hella crazy for us too. it will be fun though!!!

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...