Wednesday, June 17, 2009

O, Canada!

This last weekend, my fam and I headed up north to visit one of our favorite places ... Victoria, B.C., Canada. Victoria is about a 4 1/2 hour drive, plus an hour ferry ride away, but it is so worth the travel time!

We stopped at Great Wolf Lodge on the way up, and was so impressed with this new resort! The wilderness theme was awesome and made you feel like you were in a Disney park, and the indoor water park was so much fun!! It was only a couple hours from home, and we will definitely be planning another stay there before the end of the year!

We had gorgeous weather in Victoria, sunny and warm! We stayed right on the harbour and watch the ferries and sea planes come and go. Hubby and I went to dinner a night at my absolute fave steakhouse evah - Nautical Nellies. Mmm ... steak, lobster, stuffed mushrooms, aaahhhh!! We also spent an afternoon at the famous Butchart Gardens, and went to downtown street market in one of the squares. We just love the feel of this sweet little place ... the sights are spectacular and the food is devine! Between Victoria and Whistler, we make Canada an annual destination and always look forward to returning!!

You can check out all my pics on Facebook ... just click on my link in the sidebar! :o)

4 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

How fun. I'm from Canada but have never been to BC. I would just love to go there someday. Unfortunately, it's a bit more than a 4 1/2 hour drive and a ferry ride :(

Ang said...

I've heard of the Great Wolf Lodge! Sounds fabulous! :)

Molly said...

So glad you had fun! I am going to go check out your fb pics. I have only crossed into Canada from NY just to say I did it. Haha. Never spent time there, but it sounds like I should!

Jodee said...

Wow...what a nice place to visit, that is really nice you live so close to Canada...That place sounds soooooo nice...I am sure your boys loved it! I will have to check your FB out!!!! I bet you have some great fun pictures!!!

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...