Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday, Monday ...

I am detoxing for 48 hours, starting this morning. I am jump-starting my metabolism and re-directing my brain to quit craving the comfort foods I enjoy so darn much. I gotta get bikini ready real quick, cuz hubby and I have our plane tickets booked ...
... to Las Vegas, Baby!! I am turning 30 this year (woot!!) and hubby and I are also celebrating our 10 year anniversary (double woot!!), so we are going to go play without the kids for a week in one of our favorite vacation spots! I am so very excited ... we leave May 15th!!


The weather man keeps getting my hopes up for sunny and WARM weather by the end of the week, but of course Oregon weather-people can never get things right. They change their forecast predictions almost hourly. Let's hope we see some beautiful spring weather this week!
I guess I shouldn't be complaining too much though ... they predicted rain on the coast this last weekend, and we got gorgeous sunshine for 2 of the 3 days we were there. It was cold, but I ain't complaining! We BBQ'd and had a great time with friends!
Spring Break is officially over ... while my 7-year-old is bummed he has to get up at the crack of dawn (yeah, I am hating that part, too), I am glad to be back on a normal schedule again. Maddox has to be at school at 7:30am, but its always nice that I can go back home and sleep a little longer until my 4-year-old is ready to start his day.
Happy Monday!!

5 comments:

Rebecca Dot Com said...

Good luck with your detox! I hope you can do it! I tried it once, and couldn't get threw it! :)

sprinkles said...

I wish I had a bikini body. But even if I lost weight, I still wouldn't.

I'm on spring break this week and am sooooooo happy I don't have to get up at the butt crack of dawn for school. I'm thinking maybe next semester I might go with afternoon classes.

It's snowing right now. When I checked earlier, it was coming down pretty hard. No spring weather here today.

Hope you have tons of fun in Vegas! So jealous - wish I could afford to go somewhere fun! But as I'm an unemployed college student, I can barely afford to go across the street! lol

Dana said...

Vegas!!! So jealous!!! We were planning on doing my 30th there this year as well....but plans changed slightly :) Hoping to reschedule for next year! Where are you guys staying?

And you guys got better weather down at the coast then we did at home!

Good luck with your detox!

Jodee said...

Oh have fun Missy! I think if I ever went to Vegas...it would be my favorite too! lol Wow...30 yrs old and married 10 yrs...you have lots to celebrate- have fun for the week! Enjoy!

TLF said...

I'm jealous of your trip!! So much fun!!

A Fond Farewell ...

Wow! Is December already upon us? Good golly this year has flown right by! I have been a busy girl lately, hence the blog break. Unfortu...